ADA Accessibility Statement
At the Fontaine Hotel we care about all our guests. It is important to us that everyone who visits the Fontaine Hotel website or hotel feels welcome and finds the experience seamless and rewarding.
The Fontaine Hotel strives to provide accessibility services and accommodations to help all of our guests who may have additional needs or requirements. Our commitment to accessibility is a hallmark of our hospitality and ensures that all individuals can experience our extraordinary accommodations.
What steps are we taking?
At the Fontaine Hotel, we strive to make a positive experience for all our visitors. We designed this website using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
How has your experience been?
We monitor the website regularly to maintain this standard, but if you have difficulty using this website, please don’t hesitate to reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (816) 753- 8800.
Accessible public spaces of the hotel
The Fontaine Hotel offers a variety of accessible routes, features, elements, and amenities throughout its public spaces and within its hotel rooms. Highlights of the accessible features in our public spaces are:
- Handicap Accessible self-parking is available, including “van accessible” spaces
- Height of the covered passenger pickup/drop-off area accommodates vehicles up to least 9′-0″ high
- Parking spaces are located on the first and second floors of the parking garage at locations nearest to the entrances.
- Exterior Routes
- There is an accessible entrance door to the building
- There are no steps, no abrupt level changes, no un-ramped curbs to the entrance/exit or public sidewalks.
- Hotel Entrance
- Fully automatic lobby entrance door with wide clearance
- Registration counter serving guests has a lowered portion
- Interior Routes
- There are no steps, no abrupt level changes, no unsecured carpet and no un-ramped curbs to the following areas: Guestrooms, courtyard, public restrooms, lobby, game room, meeting space, entrance/exit, public sidewalks, business center, or fitness center.
- There is a full-size passenger elevator serving each level of the hotel
- All elevator jambs have signs placed on both sides designating the floor with raised letters and braille characters
- Public Restrooms
- Public restrooms are accessible, with at least one large accessible stall/toilet, one accessible lavatory, and one accessible urinal
- Accessible toilets have a horizontal grab bar on the adjacent side wall
- At least one wash basin in each public restroom has drains and hot water pipes that are insulated or protected
Accessible Guest Rooms Features:
The Fontaine Hotel is designed with rooms to accommodate guests with disabilities. The hotel offers 12 accessible guest rooms that are mobility, visual and hearing accessible with either 1 king bed or 2 double beds. Rooms offer either accessible bathrooms with tubs or roll in showers. The breakdown of these accommodations is as follows:
- 7 King guestrooms with roll in shower
- 5 Double/Double guestrooms with roll in shower
- Visual notification device for door knocks and phone calls
- Visual smoke and fire alarm device
- Lowered dresser and nightstand
- Braille guest room door number signage
- TTYs are available for use by persons who are deaf or hard of hearing
- TTY is available at the front desk so personnel can communicate with persons who are deaf or have speech impairments
- Televisions in guestrooms offer a closed-captioning
- All entry doors and other interior doors (except doors on shallow closets) allow wide passage
- Door hardware on all entry doors and other passage doors within the room are usable with one hand
- Rooms allow wide route on each side of the bed
- Clear passage at the foot of each bed
- Drapery wands and controls on fixed lamps and HVAC thermostats are easily operable with one hand
- All drapery control wands, fixed lamps and HVAC controls are placed for forward approach
- Rod and shelf in the clothes closet are within placed for forward approach
- Accessible desk
- Accessible refrigerator
- Accessible microwave
- Electrical outlet within four feet of telephone
Accessible Guest Room Bathrooms Feature:
- Bathroom doors allow wide of clear passage
- Bathroom door hardware easily operable with one hand
- Accessible toilet in bathroom is centered from the adjacent side wall
- Toilet in bathroom has a horizontal grab bar along the adjacent side wall
- Toilet seat height is accessible
- Wash basin is low with accessible clearance under the front edge
- Drain and hot water pipes are insulated
- Faucet is easily operable and usable with one hand
- Clear floor space bathroom where persons who use wheelchairs can turn around
- Towel racks are low to accommodate accessibility
- Tub Features:
- Faucet controls and shower diverter be turned on and off easily and are operable with one hand
- A transfer tub seat is available
- An adjustable height hand-held shower wand with long hose
- A long, horizontal grab bar at the foot of the tub (by the controls)
- A horizontal grab bar at the head of the tub
- Two horizontal grab bars (one high/one low) along the side of the tub for stabilization
- Roll-in-Shower Features:
- A folding seat that’s accessible
- Faucet controls and shower wand positioned on the wall along the side of the shower seat so they are operable from the folding shower seat
- A horizontal grab bar on the wall alongside the shower seat
- A horizontal grab bar on the wall opposite the seat for stabilization
- Roll-in shower is free of curbs or lips at the shower floor
- Roll-in showers have faucet controls that are easily operable with one hand
- Adjustable height shower wand with a long hose
- The Fontaine allows persons with disabilities to use service animals, without imposing any extra charges or conditions, in guestroom/suites and all public areas of the facility.
- Hotel staff are available to move furniture and provide and adjust accessible features in guestrooms.
- Hotel staff are trained to offer assistance, upon request, to persons with disabilities who cannot transport their luggage to/from their guestrooms and who may need assistance in locating guestrooms and hotel amenities/guestrooms when features require installation or adjustment to ensure accessibility.
- Hotel staff are available to read printed/visual information upon request.